The protection of your personal data is of importance for Nyxoah SA, its affiliates and subsidiaries (hereinafter “Nyxoah”) and we treat it with utmost care.
Nyxoah SA with registered office at (Belgium), (company number BE 0817.149.675) is the ‘controller’ for the processing of your personal data.
When you surf on our website
When you contact us through the website
We process your personal data in order to answer and manage your request (e.g. request for information, subscription to our newsleftter). This processing is based on your inherent consent.
Third-party websites have their own rules
What type of data do we collect?
- Identity data you provide (surname, first name, email address, occupation, etc.);
- Information contained in correspondence, or produced at meetings relating to our services: this includes correspondence between us by post or email and any meetings and telephone conversations, as well as notes and data entries;
- Information relevant to your subscriptions to our communications;
- If you are submitting a job application, you may also provide additional information about your academic and work history qualifications, skills, references, your national security number, your passport or other identity document details, and any other such similar information that you may provide to us.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to keep your information protected against any unauthorized access or unlawful use, such as:
- Ensuring the physical and digital security of our equipment and devices by using appropriate password protection and encryption where necessary;
- Ensuring the physical security of our offices, or other sites;
- Maintaining a data protection policy for, and delivering data protection training to, our employees; and
- Limiting access to your personal information to those in the company who need to use it in the course of their work.
For how long is your personal data retained?
Your personal data is retained for as long as you are in contact with us and as long it is needed as required by law (up to 10 years after the termination of contact) or to ensure the service we provided.
Is your personal data transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
We might transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Union as some of our affiliates, commercial partners or processors are established outside the European Union. Each transfer outside the European Union is based on appropriate safeguards (adequacy decision and/or standard data protection clauses of the European Union. You can contact us in order to obtain more information on the appropriate safeguards that we have taken for these transfers.
What rights can you exercise in accordance with the applicable legislation?
- Withdrawing your consent for the processing of personal data, to the extent that the processing of your personal data was initially based upon your consent.
- Seeking access to, or any correction, deleftion or restriction of your personal data.
- Objecting to any processing for direct marketing.
- Objecting to any processing based on our legitimate interest.
- Seeking the portability of your personal data, which you have communicated to us and that we have processed.
- Lodging a complaint with the supervisory authority in the European member state of your habitual residence, place of work or of the alleged infringement of applicable data protection legislation.
Do you have any questions?
Data Protection Officer
Rue Edouard Belin 12
Mont Saint Guibert
or by e-mail at email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the European member state of your habitual residence, place of work or of the alleged infringement of applicable data protection legislation:
In Belgium, the Supervisory Authority is
Rue de la Presse 35 / Drukpersstraat 35
1000 Bruxelles / 1000 Brussel
Tel. +32 2 274 48 00
Fax +32 2 274 48 35